News & Adobe Earth Building Workshops
SOLID EARTH LTD run at least one 3-day earthbuilding workshop a year, usually in spring after the Ecofest in Nelson. Please check out this years Workshop schedule and find more detailed information here.
Join us and experience the unlimited possibilities of the building material Earth. Topics covered:
- Experiment with earthen plasters, natural paints and sealants
- Build walls and furniture from adobe brick, cob, light-earth and wattle-and-daub
- Lay a small adobe tile floor
- Sculpt a pizza oven
- Do artwork such as mosaics and reliefs
- Learn more about basic earthbuilding and professional techniques
- Visit a commercial adobe brick manufacture
We sometimes also run oven building workshops. If you wish to host this event and get a pizza oven built, please donít hesitate to contact us to discuss terms and conditions.
|08 Jun 10 Earthbuilding Workshop|
|10th - 12th September 2010 FULLY BOOKED |
$270 for the three days
Contact SolidEarth for more infos or to enroll.
Max. number of participants 12, first in first served
- Making and laying Adobe Bricks
- Building walls and furniture from cob, light-earth, wattle-and-daub (traditional techniques)
- Sculpting an outdoor pizza oven
- Experimentation with earthen plasters, natural paints and sealants
- Earthbuilding theory and professional techniques
- Visit of a commercial Adobe Brickyard and view realized projects relating to the above topics[/b][b][b][/b]
|posted on 08 Jun 10 @ 18:28 back to news|